** RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EDT THIS EVENING **
- WINDS…GUSTS AROUND 25 MPH.
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY…15 TO 20 PERCENT.
- TIMING…THROUGH EARLY THIS EVENING.
- IMPACTS…RAPID FIRE SPREAD IF IGNITION OCCURS.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… A RED FLAG WARNING MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. A COMBINATION OF STRONG WINDS…LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY…AND DRY FUELS WILL CREATE A SIGNIFICANTLY ELEVATED FIRE GROWTH POTENTIAL.
Another fantastic weather day ahead for Wednesday. After a so-so, mainly cloudy day on Tuesday… Wednesday we’ll see high pressure push into the Hudson Valley, and that spells dry conditions, and seasonable temperatures. It also means a good deal of sunshine… as you can see by the simulated satellite image for 2pm Wednesday Afternoon…
You can see that the Hudson Valley is expected to be mostly free of clouds Wednesday afternoon… but there will be some high clouds off to our west, so a few of those could make their way into our area later in the day. All in all, it should be a mostly sunny day.
In terms of temperatures…
Highs are expected to reach into the mid 60s for most of the area… and with the sunshine, that should translate into a very pleasant afternoon (for those of us lucky enough to be outside).
Thursday looks fairly nice as well… but we’ll see a disturbance move into the Ohio Valley over the next few days… and that will try and spread more and more clouds into our area. We could even see a few scattered showers or sprinkles as we approach the weekend. For more details, please check out the HVW 5 Day Forecast.
Otherwise… as always… we hope you have a fantastic Wednesday!… (or perhaps a Wonderful Wednesday… for you fans of alliteration).