The National Weather Service has issued:
Winter Storm Watch-Sullivan County and Orange County
Winter Weather Advisories-Delaware,Greene,Columbia,Ulster and Dutchess,Putnam,Rockland and Westchester Counties
Preliminary Storm Timeline
- Snow begins between 12pm and 3pm on Saturday.
- Snow possibly moderate to heavy at times by late in the afternoon.
- Snow continues at varying intensities (light to moderate) thru Saturday night
- Snow could mix with sleet and freezing rain before midnight, south of I-84
- Periods of light snow / mix taper off before sunrise on Sunday morning.
Preliminary Storm Impacts
- Snow covered & icy roads – very cold at start of event, all surfaces will support accumulating snow
- Reduced visibilities – during moderate to heavy snow, visibilities could be reduced to 1/4 mile.
- Dangerous travel possible
- Possibility of minor ice accumulation (less than 0.10″) from Freezing rain (well south of I-84)
Preliminary Snow Accumulation
- Zones 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 : 4 to 8 inches of snow
- Zone 8 : 2 to 6 inches of snow (depending on how much mixing occurs)
- Zone 9 : 1 to 4 inches of snow (depending on how much mixing occurs)